Head of Business Development – Oura
- San Francisco, CA
- Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Business Development to focus on solution adoption and revenue growth within the health and wellness space. This individual would be responsible for creating a pipeline, closing deals, and structuring individual and team-based revenue targets. The ideal candidate has experience building and leading a global team, leveraging their network of contacts to strategically build out our customer base and has experience scaling growth for a startup. As the Head of Business Development, you would help grow Oura by foraying into brand new user bases by building partnerships with key players and influencers within the health and wellness space. The ideal candidate is results-driven, ambitious, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
This individual will educate key partners on how Oura can help them understand their biometrics and health in a powerful way, and will have proven experience in driving sales and successfully engaging with leaders in the health and wellness field. This individual will be tasked with scaling the business development organization and building out robust customer segments to their next level of maturity. S/he will partner closely with our Product, Marketing, and Operations teams to better strategically reach our future Oura ring users.
You’ll be based out of our SF office.
What you will do
- End to end business development execution, including but not limited to identification and screening of strategic partners and negotiating and closing enterprise agreements
- Creating a strategy to build out a qualified pipeline for long term prospects and new potential customers within other relevant verticals
- Represent the Oura brand when engaging with strategic partners and educate executives on Oura’s features and capabilities as a subject matter expert on the product
- Work collaboratively with the customer experience team throughout the product implementation to increase utilization of the Oura Ring to its fullest capacity
- Understand Oura’s market opportunities and analyze potential leads through strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Build out the Business development team and create a culture of accountability, achievement, and drive
- Develop and manage the business development team budget and incentive program
- Partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, and contracts
- Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results.
We would love to have you on our team, if you have:
- 5-7 years of direct experience in a business development focused role in health technology and services as an outward facing representative of the company
- Proven track record of success prospecting, qualifying and closing on key business leads and targets within the health and wellness industry
- A passion for developing new business, and proof of experience breaking ground into new customer bases
- A diverse portfolio of contacts within the health and wellness field in your network and experience building trusted partnerships through leveraging those relationships
- Experience building out a business development org and creating a sales compensation structure for individuals and teams
- Strong leadership ability and people management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. You can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users
- Driven self-starter who excels in an ever changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Holds themselves and their team accountable for hitting metrics
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders, such as Product and Operations, and collaborate across remote, centralized, and international teams
- Desire to work with an amazing team of passionate coworkers here at Oura!
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and are continually looking to improve their health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Beautiful workspace in San Francisco by Pier 31
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.