VP Marketing – Kinetyx
- US-Remote OR Calgary
- Working across the company, and collaborating closely with the CEO, this person will be responsible for defining the Kinetyx brand and what it represents across all mediums and will effectively communicate that internally with other departments and externally with agencies and partners. This person should have a strong track-record of building brands and communities through storytelling. The VP of Marketing will have a deep understanding of how brand and growth marketing intersect in high-growth environments. The successful candidate is entrepreneurial and nimble and has a track-record of building innovative and distinctive consumer brands.
Kinetyx Sciences Inc. (“Kinetyx”) develops imperceptible, in-shoe, sensor-based solutions designed for a broad range of sports and performance applications. Kinetyx’s unique sensory insole form factor and world-leading research grade sensor technology allows it to measure human activity out in the real world to power a broad range of performance and readiness insights that have never before been possible.
THE VIBE ATTRACTS THE TRIBE
The people at Kinetyx are flexible thinkers and creative innovators. We come from a variety of backgrounds and carry a wealth of expertise in multiple industries, including sports, technology, software, medicine, marketing and finance. What we all have in common is an intense passion for the work we do. We have an extraordinary collection of talent that makes working here fun, unique and inspiring. Our hiring goal moving forward is to continue to build and grow a strong, effective team, while maintaining our friendly and innovative company culture.
Kinetyx is poised for rapid growth. With high-profile financing established and RFPs or working agreements and contracts in place or underway with major athletic apparel and footwear brands, Kinetyx is seeking our first VP, Marketing to drive our brand strategy and branding with our strategic partners in the athletic apparel and footwear industries (consumer) and professional sports market (prosumer).
The successful candidate will join our growing leadership team and dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment either remotely from a US-based locale or from our head-office in Calgary. You will report to the CEO and be the primary marketing driver for Kinetyx.
Working across the company, and collaborating closely with the CEO, this person will be responsible for defining the Kinetyx brand and what it represents across all mediums and will effectively communicate that internally with other departments and externally with agencies and partners. This person should have a strong track-record of building brands and communities through storytelling. The VP of Marketing will have a deep understanding of how brand and growth marketing intersect in high-growth environments. The successful candidate is entrepreneurial and nimble and has a track-record of building innovative and distinctive consumer brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the team, the VP Marketing will create the visual of the team “vision” by defining Kinetyx’s brand and clearly articulate a brand strategy that aligns with company values and initiatives and fuels business success
- Build the voice of the tribe by creating a brand and corporate identity that appeals to prosumer customers, corporations and potential employees
- Build effective and targeted marketing strategies that will build awareness of the products in local, national, and international markets
- Lead development of tools that bring the brand to life consistently across touchpoints
- Competently negotiate and interface with our apparel, sports and pro-team partners balancing the interests of Kinetyx with the goals of our partners
- Initially oversee and direct any agency partners to ensure the effectiveness of their efforts, then ultimately over time build and lead a team of direct and dotted line reports
- Establish a lean marketing function at Kinetyx, building processes and managing vendors
- Understand audience insights through developing a significant quantitative and qualitative understanding of brand trends including awareness, perception, and engagement by audience targets
- Act as a recognized and active resource on brand for the company by continually blazing a trail of creativity and innovation
- Stay apprised of brand marketing trends, best practices, and campaigns that launch within Kinetyx’s sphere of consumption
- Manage budgets and allocation of funds while closely monitoring and driving return on investment
Minimum Competencies Required
Kinetyx Core Values
Candidates and employees are evaluated against their ability to embody our core values:
- User experience obsessed
- Science and data-driven
- Ethical and entrepreneurial innovators
- Right people, right seats.
A minimum of 15+ years of progressive marketing experience within the athletic apparel, footwear or sports industries, strong partnership experience and at least 3 years in a brand-focused role. You bring demonstrated expertise in brand/digital/content and social media at a leadership level.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on yet strategic, visionary leader with exceptional judgment. This person should be energized by building from scratch and will further refine Kinetyx’s brand. This person will be innovative and collaborative and will build strong relationships internally and externally, demonstrating exceptional skills in successfully navigating complex partnerships and leading effective marketing strategies.
The ideal candidate has the DNA that meets the velocity of the company. You will have/be:
- Customer obsessed with the curiosity and drive to understand and empathize with the customer
- An accomplished consumer brand leader with experience building a brand from scratch or leading a brand through a significant pivot. The ability to contribute to the design, and execution, of the brand message to multiple market channels.
- Exceptional team (direct and dotted) leadership skills and experience building and scaling a lean, high-performing team
- A dual ability to tap into sharp analytical insight (data-driven) while demonstrating exceptional storytelling skills to influence target markets.
- A clear communicator and someone who can break down complex messages, so they are understandable and compelling
- Have the ability and gravitas to influence across all functions
- Highly collaborative, with experience working effectively across growth, product, design, engineering, etc.
- Missioned aligned and energized by using technology to improve people’s lives
- Proven self-motivation and ability to deliver under pressure while working independently and remotely
- The ability to thrive in a high-tempo, small and rapidly evolving, early-stage technology company environment
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. MBA will be considered an asset.
Will consider relevant experience a substitute in some cases.
- VP Marketing - Kinetyx
- Marketing, Brand Development
- US-Remote OR Calgary
- Career Level
- Experienced; minimum 10 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MBA considered an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kinetyx is an equal opportunity employer